Candy Filled Valentine Doilies - Writing With Cricut


This is one of those projects I made simply because I wanted to see how it works.  I feel like I am missing a step, like there might have been an easier way..  but the doilies were cheap to practice on, and this did work quite well.


I used the Montepetrum font, and the triceratops came from a google search.

The hard part - and there must be an easier way - was placing the text properly on the mat.  I used the grids on the mat and a measuring tape and, after hitting make, moved the design to the proper section of the mat.  It still took me two tries.
The only other option I could think of is to create a heart the same size as the paper doily, group the text, and then sit and watch carefully, hitting pause on the machine as soon as the writing is complete, before it cuts.  But If the doily is not placed exactly, this still could be off, so I don't know that that method would be much better.  


I used the Leisure Arts Marker - these are my favorites!  Although I love the Precise V5 for a finer point.  (Alternative  Markera for criciut - Comparison here)


To finish these, I used bakers twice to sew two paper doilies together.  Start at the top.  Leave a LONG tail of thread to tie a bow when done.  When About an inch or so remains unsewn, fill with candy, then finish sewing and tie in a bow.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Signing Up For Birthday Freebies

The Best Fonts For Flourishes in Design Space -

Cricut Projects & Free SVG's For Mothers Day