Cricut - Which Vinyl Do I Need & Where Do I Buy It?

I'm not an expert.  I'm pretty new.  This question, which vinyl do I need & where to get it, seems to be asked almost every single day on every cricut facebook group.  Below is my attempt to sort out the responses, and as I make purchases I will update with my experiences.

Which Vinyl is best?
Where Should I Buy It?
If you scroll down to the next section, I list all of my research from when I was first looking at buying vinyl online.  I've been buying for a little while now, and these are my go to favorites:

HTV (for ironing on fabric) Runs around $3 a foot, anything near there and I'm usually happy with the price.  Black and White I can usually find closer to $2 a foot.

http://amzn.to/2hHZWIi
This is the "deal" I like to buy several colors all at once.  It's five rolls, you choose the five colors you want, for $20.  NOT the cheapest per a foot, but a nice way to get several colors.


For a larger amount of a single color, this is 6 feet for $14.
http://amzn.to/2hHiM2i 
$2.33 per a foot - roughly

651 is cheaper than HTV.  I bought this, and haven't made a dent in it yet..  FIFTEEN 12 inch by 5 foot rolls for $35.  



=====================================================================
All of the sites below were recommended on different facebook groups, by people who have purchased from them.  

Orcal 651 scrap vinyl by the pound:
     https://shopcraftables.com/products/oracal-651-vinyl-grab-bag-scrap-vinyl-by-the-pound/
      HTV scraps by the pound - https://shopcraftables.com/products/craftables-heat-transfer-vinyl-grab-bag-scrap-iron-on-vinyl-by-the-pound/

OneSourceSupply on Etsy

651vinyl has 5ft rolls for 2.95

Veteran Owned - Military Discount
https://www.cutzvinylandcraftsupplies.com
I'm having the hardest time with this site.  Prices are good, good selection, but when I try to add a second color I get errors, or it adds a second of my first color instead of the new color.  I will try this one again another day.

Sign Warehouse. ( shipping is expensive if you only buy 1 item but if you buy 3 or more the shipping is cheaper) 

http://www.happycrafters.com
(appears to have a lot of sales and coupons - regular price seemed a bit high to me, but I'm still figuring out costs)

https://expressionsvinyl.com
This is not the first site that I have looked at and thought there has to be a better, less confusing, way to sell vinyl.  It's not horrible, it's just overwhelming to sort through some of these sites.  

hhsignsupply.com for HTV
Appears to sell by the foot.  I sort of wish they would ALL sell this way, it would be easier to compare prices, but it was too confusing for me today.  Shipping is $9.95 flat rate for orders under $125.


 "Stahls heat transfer vinly is what you'll see in any Pro shirt printing shop "  - Not Siser.  Siser will be more "plasticy".  They sell 'mystery boxes ' which -  end of roll pieces, anything that's less then a yard in length goes in mystery boxes.  

"The every color Siser HTV bundle from AnteUp Graphics Fast shipping, excellent quality. Comes out at $2.78/sheet of 12x15  " https://anteupgraphicsupply.com/heat-transfer-vinyl-packs/ ($106 for 38 colors.  I'm not quite ready for that type of commitment)

===========================================================

NOT RECOMMENDED - 
Vinyl For Crafts (not answering messages, taking 3 weeks or more to ship)
Someone was posting ads all over the cricut facebook groups about their awesome sale.
There have been a lot of posts from people who followed the link for the sale, but have not had any luck receiving their orders, or contacting anyone at the company.  They may just be overwhelmed by the volume of sales from the ads they plastered all over - but I'd avoid them until there are more positive reviews.


"For everyone purchasing vinyl, do not purchase from southern style design bar. They will not ship your order within a reasonable timeframe, they will call you names if you complain and request a refund. Their cheap prices come with a cost. Don't believe me, PM me and I will show you the message from them."
After this was posted on a fb group, many chimed in to say this had happened to them as well.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Signing Up For Birthday Freebies

The Best Fonts For Flourishes in Design Space -

Cricut Projects & Free SVG's For Mothers Day