Cricut - Old Truck Mailbox Decal


Next up in my mission to "Cricut All The Things" was our mailbox.

I started out with a couple of free truck svgs, but they needed cleaned up so much, to cut the way I wanted,  that I just went to etsy and spent $1.49 for this one.  It was worth the time it saved me to have a good image to work with.  


When I uploaded this to design space, I uploaded the PNG file (instead of the html file).  Then I simply clicked on the pumpkins, and on the words, and on the pumpkin stems, to erase all of them.  


Once it was all erased, I added it to my "new project" in design space, and it wanted to make it a print and cut. If I changed it to cut, it changed the tire centers to the same color.  So I chose shape, circle, and sliced the center color out of the tires.

Quick and easy!
That gave me the tires inserts in silver, as I wanted them.

Next I added our last name, and our street number - in the elephant font.

Cut our of Oracle 651 in wine red, and silver.  Dollar Tree contact paper as transfer tape.  The mailbox has ridges, it is not a flat surface, but that oracle 651 went on beautifully.  This was the easiest project I have done yet.

For the second side, I flipped the truck, so that on our mailbox the truck faces forward on both sides of the box.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Signing Up For Birthday Freebies

The Best Fonts For Flourishes in Design Space -

Cricut Projects & Free SVG's For Mothers Day